At the Neighborhood Scale
- Think. What is the air quality for your region?
- Plan. Know where most of your neighborhood air pollutants are coming from.
- Act. Walk or bike more than you drive. Consider bus or train travel for longer distances. Participate in Safe Routes to School and the Walking School Bus with LiveWell.
- Maintain. Inspect your home for asbestos and encourage neighbors to do so as well. Set up a neighborhood carpool or organize a neighborhood walking group.
- Go Beyond.
- Advocate for complete streets and connective sidewalks.
- Using less energy reduces air pollution emitted from creating energy. Use energy efficient appliances and reduce energy use whenever possible.
- Support legislation and governmental action to ensure air quality. Consider writing letters to your elected officials as a neighborhood on clean air policies you support.
- Strengthen neighborhood groups to support and advocate for neighborhood-wide needs