How to Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
Redirecting waste headed to landfills means a longer lifespan for our landfills with the added benefit of giving a second life to our waste.
At the Neighborhood Scale
- Think. Assess the amount of litter in your neighborhood
- Plan. Speak with your neighbors and consider what improvements of gaps in education need to be addressed
- Act. Set up a community clothing drive by contacting a nearby shelter, thrift store, or school
- Maintain. Share KT/LCB's resource for how to handle different types of waste at neighborhood meetings and in newsletters
- Go Beyond.
- Organize a neighborhood e-waste drive by partnering with UT
- Organize a compost delivery with GROWs or LCSWCD
- Set up an energy challenge with the help of________
- Promote creative re-use through art parties or attend ________
- Make a neighborhood pledge
observe, analyze, strategize, act